MRI

Who We Are

Who We Are

The IAPM is an association of medical physicists working in healthcare, industry and academia in Ireland. The IAPM was founded in 2010 by the merger of the Association of Physical Scientists in Medicine (APSM) and the Irish Radiotherapy Physics Group (IRPG). The IAPM has almost 200 members. 80% of members are in the Professional and Allied Professional category, the other 20% are students, trainees, unemployed and retired.

Our Vision

To be the premier organisation and recognised leader in Medical Physics in Ireland.

Our Mission

The mission of the Irish Association of Physicists in Medicine is to promote and support the medical physics profession, provide opportunities for education and professional development, a forum for professional interactions, to be the voice and thought leader for medical physicists in Ireland while promoting excellence in the profession to achieve the highest standard of patient care.

Our Values

  • Having high standards for the profession
  • Point of contact for medical physics related issues in Ireland
  • Open communication and discussion on relevant topics in medical physics
  • Proactive in providing expert medical physics advice to third parties
  • Support the development of professional standards
  • Support medical physicists in furthering their skills and qualifications
  • Support IAPM members