Welcome to the IAPM

Welcome to the Irish Association of Physicists in Medicine

Welcome

The IAPM is an association of medical physicists working in healthcare, industry and academia in Ireland. The IAPM was founded in 2010 by the merger of the Association of Physical Scientists in Medicine (APSM) and the Irish Radiotherapy Physics Group (IRPG). The IAPM has over 250 members. 80% of members are in the Professional and Allied Professional category, the other 20% are students, trainees, unemployed and retired.

Read More

Upcoming Events

NB: Many upcoming events may be cancelled, contact the organisers for further information.

  1. Radiation Protection Training Course

    June 15 @ 8:00 am - June 19 @ 5:00 pm IST
  2. 3rd European Congress of Medical Physics

    June 16, 2021 - June 19, 2021

COVID – 19

In order to increase exchange of CoVID-19 information between medical physicists in Europe, EFOMP has set up a special MP CoVID-19 Forum available here. This is an open forum to be used by all medical physicists in Europe.

Please also see attached letter here from EFOMP President, Marco Brambilla, which presents guidance on how to approach our duties and responsibilities during these uncertain times. 

ASM 2020

The ASM is currently postponed – new date TBC

 

The 11th Annual Scientific Meeting of the Irish Association of Physicists in Medicine will be held in Galway. The IAPM ASM organising committee are working hard to bring you an exciting and stimulating programme that builds on the success of previous years. As part of this endeavor, the organising committee have also arranged an AI workshop. Further information will be available in due course. Many thanks to our sponsors for their generous support for this event without which it would not be possible.

Read More

Latest News

2020-05-15 08:20

RT @ESTRO_RT: #ESTRO2020: New concept, new dates. From 28 November–1 December, our Congress will blend a live programme in Vienna with dig…

-@TheIAPM

2020-05-14 13:52

RT @SRP_UK: It's not too late to book for tomorrow's free webinar on 'An Introduction to Non-Ionising Radiation (NIR) Safety Management' ht…

-@TheIAPM